To support a writer participating in the 3 day novel contest, you will need the following:
- One (1) Twitter account (with internet connection, obvsly);
- Snacks, for sustenance;
- Coffee, to play along with the over-caffeinated writer ethos.
Optional supplies include:
- Season 3 of Mad Men (or entertainment of your liking) to entertain yourself so you aren’t tempted to virtually distract the writer (ie. “Human Centipede is playing at the Plaza!?”, or randomly tweeting the word “CAKE!!”)
- A list of cheers to work from is helpful.
- Strongly Discouraged: One very specific cat who will require a run to the ER at hour 32 after he fell into a bucket of paint. Ahem.
Note: The author appears to have kicked the sad sandwich when it was already down with this tweet:
Eating world’s most delicious panini and reading survivor accounts of plane crashes. #3dnc, @thebanffcentre style. Sun Sep 5 13:11:27 2010
World’s most delicious panini????
You will experience intense sensations such as envy at the environment
and the food
and the mathematicians…
It is important to put aside these feelings of envy and stay focused (CAKE!!!) and remember: You are there to support the author! Virtually. Especially when the lovely Lectio at Lectio.ca tweets the grand finale:
Then one may pop a little with pride. Congratulations, Heather!!!